It’s been a long and cold winter, but spring and cycling season is upon us! That means it’s time to sign up for the Ride of Love that’s on April 28!
The heart and mission of the ride are still the same, but we are so excited about the new route that starts at Smile-A-Mile Place in downtown Birmingham.
Some quick facts on the ride:
- 150 and 75 mile route options
- Scheduled stops along the way with hydration and food provided (about 20-25 miles between stops).
- Pace is between 15-17 mph
- Fully supported with sag, sheriff’s department, mechanic and ambulance
- The group stays together the whole ride
- A charter bus is available to bring you and your bike back to the start of both route options after the ride
- Jersey provided
- There’s a block of hotel rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn on 2nd Avenue South (right by Smile-A-Mile Place) Call 205.322.7933 to reserve, our group code is LUV.
- All funds raised directly support Smile-A-Mile’s programs for children and families in Alabama that are battling childhood cancer.
- Cyclists will ride into On Therapy Family Camp and will be greeted by cheering children and families. There’s no words to describe what it’s like riding into camp after a full day of cycling. These children are so excited and grateful for the cyclists.
To kick off cycling season and to get you training, attached is a proposed training schedule for the Ride of Love.
For more information about the Ride and to register:
Check out the event page on Facebook:
Ride of Love video:
Ride of Love Podcast on Cycling Talk: