Cycliad is a cycling event benefiting cancer patients. From 10 mile rides to multi-day cycling adventures, a variety of participation opportunities are available. Proceeds fund UAB Cancer Community Network’s Patient Navigator program- a service pairing a highly trained, nonclinical professional with a cancer patient in order to help him/her navigate a cancer diagnosis and the complexities that come with it including anxiety, finances, and treatment options.
About the Bike Ride
April 1-24: different rides available throughout the month
Begins in Chattanooga, TN, ends in Birmingham, AL, and travels through TN, GA, FL, MS, and AL.
Four unique riding options are offered throughout the month-long event:
- Full Tour: 1,000+ mile, four-weekend bicycle challenge during the month of April 2016. Rider must be 18 years or older on ride day. Rider must commit to raise a minimum of $3,000. Includes lodging, course-specific transportation, and meals for 15 day tour. Registration fee is $300.
- Weekend Ride: Riders must be 18 years or older on ride day. Rider must commit to raise minimum of $1,000. Includes lodging, course-specific transportation, and meals for the 3 or 4 day route. Registration fee is $100.
- Individual Day: Riders must be 18 years or older on ride day. No minimum fundraising requirement. Route is fully supported with SAG and regular stops. Registration fee is $50.
- Community Rides: Open to all ages. Kids, 10 mile, 35 mile, and 62 mile rides available. Registration fee is $35.
- Birmingham’s community ride, dubbed Magic City Cycliad, ends the month-long tour