Each year the East Alabama Cycling Club sponsors a bicycle tour (the Johnny Ray Century) to benefit a designated charity. The club is again excited to work with the Davis Phinney Foundation, to support their mission with Parkinson’s.
All riders will tour the lightly trafficked rural roads of Lee, Chambers, and Randolph Counties of East Alabama. Riders on the Johnny Ray Metric and Roanoke Express will ride over a World War II-era steel Bailey Bridge and a rare wood truss bridge. Riders on the Roanoke Express have the option to race the historic Johnny Ray train.
Road surfaces vary from asphalt to chipseal.
- 20 miles - Cusseta Commuter
- 34 miles - Twin Silos Shuttle
- 63 miles - Lafayette Short Line
- 105 miles - Johnny Ray Century
Helmets are required on all four ride options. No refunds: Ride goes rain or shine.
- 7:00a Registration opens at Trinity United Methodist Church.
- 8:00a Mass start for all ride distances.
- 10:00a Drawing for the Grand Door Prize!
- 11:00a Post-ride meal available to riders.
- 4:00p Course swept and closed.